Author Topic: Interface Scaling greyed out(closed,solved)  (Read 199 times)

Offline Necate

• View Profile
Interface Scaling greyed out(closed,solved)
« on: June 23, 2019, 11:37:37 AM »
First, sorry for not replying on my last post and thanks for the quick response/fix!

So, as written in the title, for me the scaling options are all greyed out:
(see attached "RelHax_Scaling.jpeg")

I searched this forum and the mod itself, but could not find how to make this work ...
I am sure I'm just missing something, so could somebody please help me out here?
(Btw, is that the scaling of WoT or the mod menu?
And could this be linked to the scaling issue shown in my second picture? (see attached "RelHax_SelectKonfi.jpeg"))

Playing on a 4K monitor on 3k resolution settings, because currently I only have one GTX970 working ...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:09:33 PM by elektrosmoker »

Offline elektrosmoker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Interface Scaling greyed out
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 02:50:16 AM »
hy,

it looks like that the installer is using an outdated version.
your installer is still on version 0.28.2.19 but we are on 0.28.2.20. so please try the solution from this post -> https://forums.relhaxmodpack.com/index.php?topic=88.msg230#msg230

-->
But if you can't get it to check properly, modify this line in RelHaxSettings.xml

<BetaApplication>False</BetaApplication>
to
<BetaApplication>True</BetaApplication>

i do not know if that will help you, so if not -> pls reply.

have a nice day

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:55:50 AM by elektrosmoker »

Offline Necate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 11:30:10 AM »
Hey, sorry for my delayed response (currently writing my exams and barely have time for anything fun ...)

So:
> I had no problems checking the "use beta version box" and in the bottom left I see Version 0.28.02.20, but
now I have the RelhaxModpack.exe and a RelhaxModpack_B62LuIN.exe
> normal one works fine, but it's not the beta version (no (BETA) in window name)
> ...B62LuIN.exe asks me to update to .20, then launches the .19 modpack for updating, then launches the .20 beta, asking me to do the update to .20, then updates to .20
(is this intended? i mean it did the update ... it's just a bit of a weird process)
if I decline making the update, the .exe just closes and the modpack does not launch

About the original topic:
(I assume, I'm have the full version 0.28.02.20 installed now ...)
Sadly, this fixed neither of the problems I mentioned in my first post (scaling and the squished selection window)

Above all, thank you guys very much for taking the time to provide such a great mod selection and even support for the thing!

Cheers

Offline willster419

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:36:43 AM »
Hi Necate,

While I don't have a high DPI monitor, I was able to replicate the issue by setting the scaling on my laptop. I think I have fixed the issue, and updated the application on the Beta channel. It is now 0.28.2.21. Please verify this works for you, and if so, I can also update the stable channel.

Offline Necate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »
The selection window on the databank is now the usual file selection window, so no issues there anymore, thank you very much!

However, the font scaling on the modpacks front page is still greyed out and it still won't let me use the beta of the modpack, only for the databank ...

Offline willster419

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 12:57:18 PM »
The selection window on the databank is now the usual file selection window, so no issues there anymore, thank you very much!

You're welcome!

the font scaling on the modpacks front page is still greyed out and it still won't let me use the beta of the modpack, only for the databank ...

If you saw the fix that you mentioned above, then you are in fact using the beta application.
The font scaling is for the application only, and has no affect in WoT itself. The reason why the options are greyed out is because:
-The modpack gets the size of your display (specifically, the height)
-Checks if the application height * scale multiplier > display height
-If true, the option (and all larger scales) are greyed out.
So, this is a feature by design. If you were trying to use the scaling to change WoT, then this should answer your question. If there's some other issue with the scaling, relating to the application size on your display, then let me know.

EDIT: in updating the version info on the server for the main channel, i see why you were having issues getting to the beta. The beta was not updated properly. That has been fixed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:00:50 PM by willster419 »

Offline Necate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:26:49 AM »
Well in that case, everything has been fixed for me!

In deed I was hoping that this setting would affect the WoT gui ...
(A mod for that would be super nice to have, since Wargaming hasn't bothered to implement interface scaling for years now ...)

So thanks for putting in the extra work for me, I hope this was useful for other people as well ^^